Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tool #8: Taking a Look at the Tools

I've been using a Mac for about 924 years now -- give or take 900 years:). Seriously, I did my first digital illustration on a Mac in 1988 - you do the math. So, I am pretty familiar with the Mac interface. Of course things change with every new operating system, but it is always very intuitive. I used to tease that I didn't know anything about computers, because I only knew how to use a Mac. I am very excited to have access to it at school.
As far as the Wacom Tablet goes, I haven't used one in years. It will be interesting to see how far they have come. I'm sure the students will really be excited about them. For me the more interesting thing to explore will be how well they interface with Photoshop.
As far as equipment management, they will need to be closely supervised, especially the Wacom Tablet. My biggest concern is losing the stylus and nibs that go with it. When in use, I envision a workstation set up very close to my own desk.
Right now, I can see this adding to our digital self-portrait project, but I also look forward to geting new ideas during our Wacom training next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment